Can’t wait for Thursday…or Friday…
From the movie “Failure to Launch”:
Paula: Hey, hey.
Kit: Hey, Paula. Good news. It’s Champagne Thursday.
Paula: It’s Friday.
Kit: Uh, yeah, Thursday came twice this week.
Paula: For the third straight week.
Kit: There’s talk of making it permanent.
Paula: Oh, kind of like Daylight Saving’s Time?
Kit: Right, but for booze.
Michael Phelp’s face after losing the 200 meter-freestyle in Rome. Priceless.
You know you are adopted when…
“You go out to eat with your dad and you make sure to call him DAD every other word loud enough so people don’t think you’re a gold digger.”So true, I have been noticing I do this more everytime I go to visit him.
Yep, this is what I do all day. Sit and pose and watch basketball… Ha! I wish.
I have seen this more and more among my married friends. The whole “two becomes one” concept is now being integrated into all aspects of their lives including cyber-space.
“ The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age. ”
So excited for this movie, and now even more excited to see how technology and dating are merging on the big screen!
Interesting post that Dell wants to get into the smartphone market too. Everyone wants in!
Ten Random Things About Me
1. Klutzy - I am so glad that Grace was not my middle name because it would have been a complete oxymoron. I trip at least once a day. For example, this morning, I rolled out of bed and managed to trip over my pajama bottoms that I was wearing and completely wiped out. I am guessing that I will probably be eating pavement by lunch time.
2. All the world is a stage - For the longest time, I wanted to be an actress. This went beyond the typical childhood fantasy, and I thought for sure I would have my name in lights by the age of 25. Even had my Oscar acceptance speech written out. I think I made a better choice sticking with PR.
3. Can’t help but smile - Whenever, I am angry, I smile. The more angry I get, the larger my smile gets. This is not an alturistic gesture. It is an annoying side effect that I can’t seem to control.
4. Wal-mart returns anything - When I was younger, I used to tell my brothers we picked them up from Wal-mart one day. On sale. I thought that made up for the times they called me fat and ugly. I think I won.
5. All by myself - I moved out to California from Nebraska without knowing anyone within a 1500 mile radius. It was the best decision I ever made.
6. Pretty fly for a white girl - This may not seem strange to most people, but for the longest time I thought I was white. Crazy, I know. I think the moment I realized that I wasn’t was when I received a minority scholarship to college.
7. It’s my life and I can cry if I want to - I believe that crying is the greatest form of expression. You can cry when you are sad, happy, mad, disappointed, blissful. And trust me I do. It is a great multi-faceted way to release your feelings.
8. Elementary, my dear Wallace - I am a huge fan of the now defunct TV show Veronica Mars (RIP). I love the witty banter, intrigue, romance and of course, Veronica’s kick-butt attitude and smart quips. Who doesn’t love sarcastic references to pop culture. “Be cool, Sodapop.”
9. Baby’s Black Balloon - I am a dance contest champion. One of my previous PR clients hosted a dance-off contest during a conference and the Goo Goo Dolls were there. Using my old school, high school dance routines, I impressed the crowd and won.
10. The God-mother - My mom called me one day and told me how she went mafia-like on my brother. She told me that some kids were picking on one of my brothers and the other one didn’t do anything about it. She told him “We are family. You stick up for your family no matter what.” Pretty much have kept that motto since.
“ Shit is the tofu of cursing. ”